Tuesday, December 7

Is the Hallmark company on drugs?

Ok, so I know that it is a random question, but if you have seen the latest Hallmark commercial for Christmas, you know what I am talking about. For those of you who don't, let me paint a picture for you.......

A cute little girl, about 7 or 8 years old, is sitting next to the Christmas tree next to her dog Fluffy. She gazes at the tree adoringly and says "15 days, 22 hours, 10 minutes and 15 seconds until Christmas!"

Next scene....little girl is with parents in the mall somewhere wandering around..."7 days, 10 hours, 30 minutes and 22 seconds until Christmas"

The brat is then somewhere else doing who knows what and is saying "3 days, 4 hours, 24 minutes, and 2 seconds until Christmas.!!!!!

I just thank the sweet baby Jesus that my kids are too freakin young to understand this commercial because by jove, whomever thought of this is the DEVIL! Why yes, I think it would be a great idea, to have an ornament that counts down the days, hours, minutes, and YES, even seconds, until Christmas!!!!!! DO you have any kids????? Don't they do this anyway???!?!?!?!?!
Joe is only 3 years old and wakes up every day and asks "Is it Christmas today?" and he doesn't even really understand the whole thing except that it seems good and there may be presents! UGH. I have a new loathing for Hallmark and will boycott the store at least until Christmas is over!!!!!!

2 comments:

The Beatty's said...

Something a bit simpler:'we make a paper chain with each day printed on it and then every morning remove one link. I have a digital file of it somewhere if you want to print I next Christmas.

screaming bat said...

hahahahahaaha that was so funny, dont b mad u love the count down, hahahaha