Monday, August 31

Visit with Mamama and Pop

My mom and stepdad came to visit over the weekend and now have gone back to Maryland. It was so great to see them but the time seemed to just fly by! They arrived Friday afternoon and Joe went running down the driveway to hug them. I think my mom almost started crying right then and there! It seems crazy that it has been a month since we left Maryland but sure enough, it had been! Joe got to have a second birthday party since Mamama and Pop brought his gifts to open! CHOO CHOO! Thomas the Train was a hit!

We spent Saturday afternoon at Ray's Splash Planet enjoying some pool fun and then later on went to Aunt Ann's for a nice summer dinner party. The food was delicious and the conversation entertaining. These days we have to head home early though with two kids in tow so by 930 we called it a night. The next day, my mom and I headed off for some "girls time" and went shopping at the Concord Mills Shopping Mall where we bought some needed jammies for Joe and some clothes for me! Too soon it was Monday and Mamama and Pop spent the morning with the boys and then left after lunch. After his nap, Joe kept asking for "Mama" and "Pop" which just about broke my heart. We will miss them and are counting the days till their next visit.
Joe opening his presents while Thomas watches attentively


Our little Thomas is growing up too fast!



Daddy and the boys set up Thomas the Train


I love you Mamama and Pop!


Mamama and Thomas before we head out to the pool

No comments: